Copy a Pipeline to another Project or Org to modify it without impacting the original Pipeline. Follow these best practices for any child Pipelines and Assets that the copied Pipeline references:
- If the Pipeline has one or more child Pipelines, copy them to the same Project.
- If the Pipeline contains references to other Pipelines, Files, Accounts, or Tasks (which can be called from a Snap), handle them as follows:
- Leave references to Assets in the global shared folder.
- For Assets in a Project other than the destination Project:
- If the reference to a File is an absolute path, do not change it.
- If the Asset is available in the destination Project, change the reference to point to the destination project after copying the Pipeline.
- If the destination Project does not have an Asset with the same label, but one exists in its shared folder or the global shared folder, change the reference to the appropriate location after copying the Pipeline.
- If the Asset has a different label in the destination Project, change the reference before moving the Pipeline.
The Designer and Manager toolbars both include copy buttons, but the functionality differs:
- From Designer, you can copy the open Pipeline to a different Project in the same Org.
- From the Manager Asset table, you can select one or more Pipelines and copy them to a different Project in the same Org or to a different Org.