In this Page
I want to take some information from a CSV and combine it with information from SAP, then write it to another file.
For this scenario, the following Snaps are used:
- File Reader
- CSV Parser
- SAP Execute
- CSV Format
- File Writer
- Credentials to read data from SAP and an account configured in SnapLogic Manager. See Accounts for more information on configuring an account.
- A CSV file loaded into the SnapLogic database. You can use this Hive Output file as a sample.
- Add and configure a File Reader Snap.
- Set the Folder/File to point to the file uploaded to the SnapLogic database.
- Add a CSV Parser Snap with the default configuration.
- Add and configure a SAP Execute Snap.
- You will need to enter the SAP values for Username, Password, Language, Client, Server and System number.
- Set bapi to the BAPI ABAP Name you want to use.
- Add and configure a Filter Snap to limit the data to process.
- Set the Filter expression to a valid expression, such as $NODE_LEVEL==2.
- On the View tab, set the Error view to discard error data and continue.
- Add and configure a Join Snap to join the data from both sources.
- Set Join type to Inner.
- Set Left path to a value from the CSV file, such as $Product_Name.
- Set Right path to the corresponding value from SAP, such as $NODE_TEXT.
- Leave Sorted streams as Unsorted.
- Add and configure a Structure Snap to map the data to new column headings.
- Add a CSV Format Snap with the default settings.
- Add and configure a File Writer Snap.
- Set the File name to a CSV file to be saved to the SnapLogic database.