to connect Binary Snaps with data sources that use Auth accounts. This account supports two factor authentication (2FA) for Security File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) to access SFTP. It uses two separate security layers of verification to grant access that include the Basic Auth (username/password) and the SSH Key (username/private key) methods.
- Target FTP should be enabled with Two-Factor authentication.
- Valid username/password and SSH key with passphrase.
Limitations and Known Issues
|Parameter||Data Type||Description||Default Value||Example |
Required. Enter a unique label for the account.
Required. Enter a username for SSH authentication.
|Password||String/Expression||Required. Enter a password associated with the supplied account username.||N/A||m!ster18Gu@rd8!keip|
You can generate a private key using any SSH key generator. See Generate SSH Key Using PuTTY Key Generator for more information.
|Key Passphrase||String/Expression||Required. Enter the passphrase used to decrypt the private key.||N/A||p@$$zk!98|
If you are using Standard Encryption, follow the High sensitivity settings under Enhanced Encryption.
If the account you are using has the Enhanced Encryption feature, the account fields are encrypted for each sensitivity level as shown below:
- High: Key passphrase
- Medium + High: Username, Key passphrase
- Low + Medium + High: Username, Private key, Key passphrase
Generating SSH Key Using PuTTY Key Generator
You can download the PuTTYgen application for Windows using this link.
- Open the PuTTYgen applicati
- Choose SSH-1 (RSA) key type under Parameters.
- Enter the required in the Number of bits in a generate key field. (Default: 2048)
Click Generate that is adjacent to Generate a public/private key pair under Actions.
The PuTTY Key Generator uses mouse movements to generate a unique secure key. Move the mouse around till the progress bar fills up completely.
- Provide values in the Key comment and Key passphrase fields as required.
- Click Save public key and Save private key to save the to a secure and private location.
- Send the Public Key to the SFTP host.
- Store the keys and passphrase into the password/key vault.
The PuTTY Key Generator uses the PPK format for keys., export the key by using Export OpenSSH Key on the Conversions menu.