In this Page
The Activity Log enables Org admins to track changes to user accounts and assets within their organization.
To access the Activity Log for your Org, click Manager > Activity Log.
By default, the Activity Log shows a log of all the latest tasks executed within the Org. However, the page also enables Org admins to query the log for data gathered over a specific time range. You can filter the log to display changes in ACLs (Access Control Lists), Assets (such as Pipelines, Accounts, and Tasks), Users, API Policies, Snap Pack Distributions, Snaplexes, Sessions, and Groups) by clicking on the tab for that asset. You can also save a log by clicking the Download button on the top right.
The lower section of the Activity Log report displays the total number of log entries retrieved and the number of entries being displayed (for example, 1 to 100 of 3407 entries). Use the First, Previous, Next, and Last buttons—or the numbered links—to access entries, with each page displaying 100 entries.
Audit information is retained for 90 days before it is deleted. When a Project is deleted, users lose visibility to all events for that project in their Activity Logs, whereas Org admins continue to see that information.
Activity Logs for Projects and Tasks
As a user, you can view the Activity Log for the Projects and Tasks to which you have access.
- Projects: Select the target folder, click to display the drop-down menu, then select Activity Log.
- Tasks: Select the target Task, click to display the drop-down menu, then select Activity Log.
For user and group access control lists (ACLs), the following events are tracked:
- A permission is removed from an asset.
- A permission is added to an asset.
The assets tracked are groups, projects, Pipelines, files, tasks, accounts, Snaplexes, and Snap Packs. The events tracked are:
- Asset is created.
- Asset is deleted.
- Asset is updated.
- Asset is renamed.
- Asset ownership changes.
- Asset moves.
- Asset acl added.
- Asset acl removed.
For users, the following events are tracked:
- User logs in (session created).
- User logs out (session deleted).
- User password changed.
- User password reset.
- User added to a phase.
- User removed from a phase.
- User created and the org or phase the user was created in.
- User deleted and the org or phase the user was deleted from.
For Snap Pack distribution, the following events are tracked:
- A change in the Snap Pack asset label (Dist override).
- A change in the Snap Pack asset FQID (Dist change).
For Snaplexes, the following events are tracked:
- Snaplex node leaves maintenance mode.
- Snaplex node is put into maintenance mode.
- Snaplex node is restarted.
- Snaplex is congested. See Alerts for more information.
- A new node is added to a Snaplex
For sessions, the following events are tracked:
- When a user session ends
- When a user session is created
For groups, the following events are tracked:
- A group is deleted.
- A group is updated.
- A group is created.
For API policies, the following events are tracked:
- An API policy is deleted.
- An API policy is updated.
- An API policy is created.